Saturday, October 21, 2017

"ABC Misled by Satire, But STILL Believes Trump's Critics Lie"

ABC Misled by Satire, But STILL Believes Trump's Critics Lie, What's The Point?  

Snopes.com
Link to Snopes

By ABC-AntiBullyingCrusador


Dear Readers,                                      
I apologize to everyone, but after doing further research regarding the post I published yesterday  titled "The Best article EVER in defense of the President, The Lies of Donald Trump's Critics..."   I have reason to believe that the content and conclusions of the linked article I was commenting on, titled "The Lies of Donald Trump's Critics..."   may NOT BE FACTUAL.

Although I knew that the website "snopes" who published the article had "satirical" content, I was misled by a link on my news feed, which led me to believe that the linked article was first of all "news", and that it was surprisingly Pro Trump news from an unlikely source.  When reading the article before originally publishing the post, it came across to me as if the author had changed their views about Trump, based on what appears to be undeniable proof that Trump's critics really do lie. These assertions, were almost exhaustively backed by dozens of links and references.

Like most of the Presidents' supporters, I already know without a doubt that Trump's critics DO IN FACT LIE!  I just thought it would be really nice, to have analytical  evidence to sway the few logically minded people out there who are still on the fence.

People like me who are very naïve are frequently targeted by bullies. Although I know logically, that some people think and are motivated very differently than myself, I STILL have a hard time applying it!  My mind just couldn't believe and therefore never questioned that someone would actually write such a lengthy, detailed article just for the sake of "satire"'?!?  I only realized the article might not be factual after "digging just a little bit deeper" (something I always advice), finally noticing that the article was originally published last July!

Still very much confused about the article, the website and the author, I decided to "dig a little deeper" (something I ALWAYS advice) by writing to the author at "snops", quoted below.  I hope he replies, I am serious about wanting to know his answers.

To Dan MacGuill: Hi Dan,  I came across your article yesterday titled "The Lies of Donald Trump's Critics" and found most of the very detailed content supportive of the President and his supporters' claims of media abuse against him.  Being Pro Trump myself, and now blogging about "bullying and hatefulness USA"  I thought your article would be good to cite as examples.  Now, learning that your website is meant as "satire" and after looking at other content on "snopes" I'm still left VERY confused. 

What if anything in your article is TRUE? If there is reliable, quotable content, how can I tell the difference between true content and "satire"?  I know I am VERY naïve and have a hard time understanding people who are differently minded than myself, but one more question please, Why exactly would you muddy the waters of truth further?  Especially seeing how important the matters you write about are?  Is there a specific motive in mind or just for your own satisfaction?


-Just Curious-
ABC-AntiBullyingCrusador

No comments:

Post a Comment